Equiinet is looking for a Fanatical Sales Consultant to join the sales team. Fanatical Sales Consultant at Equiinet sells telephone, data, network security and high speed Internet solutions to existing and prospective business customers (10-100 employees) and enterprise customers in specific verticals. Equiinet products include VoIP, Business PBX systems, SIP Trunks, fiber Internet, managed router and network security.
The position works in the field 70% of the week. Most time is spent on customer consultation, sales plan development; little cold calling. Sales consultant will use a personal vehicle for extensive local travel (with reimbursement for travel). The role is part of a goal-driven, sales organization with motivation to grow revenue. Regularly works outdoors in adverse weather conditions and at night, when necessary. The role is expected to perceive that Equiinet is a good place to work.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Within assigned segment, identifies new prospects or new departments of organizations that are already Equiinet customers by using multiple sources of sales leads and contacts (internal and external networking, investigating new and expanding businesses).
- Collects information about prospects from the businesses websites and other sources to prepare for sales calls and assess their potential spending.
- Develops and maintains sales plans for assigned segment and for individual accounts.
- Maintains required pipeline and forecast data, providing updates as required.
- Keeps customer database up to date by recording all activities, transactions, and communications with customers.
- Prepares regular expense, sales forecasts, and sales activity reports.
- Determines whether the prospective customer is serviceable or not.
- Communicates with prospective customers in person, by phone, email or other technology to develop new or expanded sales opportunities and set an appoint to understand their business and explore mutually beneficial objectives using solution selling techniques.
- Meets with prospective and existing customers in person or by conference call to collect information required to assess their communication needs in detail and estimate the amount of potential new or incremental business the account represents.
- Uses a spreadsheet-based tool to assess the ROI for prospects who are not currently on the Equiinet network and forwards the result for approval.
- Collaborates with Sales Engineer and Sales Support Team to determine appropriate solutions to meet complex customer needs. Develops proposals and multi-media sales presentations.
- Uses value-based selling techniques to leverage the position of Equiinet and the communications products it offers and to educate and influence customers.
- Builds an effective consultative relationship with customers during the sales process to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Cultivates relationships with customers in order to provide great service, develop future business opportunities, and gain referrals. May entertain customers.
- In conjunction with Business Development and Legal, negotiates pricing, service level, and terms/conditions of contracts with customers.
- Responds to customer requests to reduce spending or cancel the contract by helping the customer solve problems or maintain services given budget limitations.
- Works with Fulfillment Manager to set up orders for installation.
- Works with Fulfillment Manager, Marketing Coordinator, Sales Engineer and/or Support Team to address any issues regarding installation or service for the customer.
- Attends job-related training to increase knowledge of Equiinet and competitor telephony, data, wireless, and network security solutions, customer premise equipment, networking, consultation, negotiation, and sales skills; attends strategic and/or development meetings with Sales management.
- Participates in internal meetings to create product packages, sales processes, communicate and coordinate sales, report on sales activities, implement new products, solve problems, and keep up-to-date with information about Equiinet.
- Creates and participates in opportunities to serve as a public representative and image builder of Equiinet in the local community in order to network and develop and maintain Equiinet's presence; e.g. promotes and/or attends non-profit events, serves as a member of the Chamber of Commerce and other local councils.
- Cold calling experience
- Valid drivers license, good driving record, reliable transportation
- 6 months work experience using Windows-based PCs, Microsoft Office
- 2 years successful business-to-business outside sales experience with quotas
- 1 year successful telecommunications (telephony, data and network security) sales experience
- Knowledge of local telecom market, local contacts